We understand that information is the life blood of any organisation but it also needs to be protected.
Veritau, a partner of NYES, provides a choice of (Data Protection Officer (DPO) services to ensure you are able to keep your data safe and meet the Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulations.
The Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulations require all public authorities and schools to appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO).
Veritau provides this service to over 500 schools and other public sector bodies across the region.
Offering a service that can be tailored to meet your exact requirements, our fully trained officers are experts in data protection and independent of operational functions. They provide advice, training and guidance on all aspects of data protection.
In addition to ongoing support they will review data protection impact assessments, complete compliance reviews and help investigate serious data incidents.
- Helpdesk (unlimited advice on data protection / information governance matters)
- Regular newsletters and access to a dedicated website for guidance and information
- Standard templates (policies, privacy notices, information asset registers etc.).
- Periodic compliance audits to assess adequacy of arrangements plus an annual report to governors
- Correspondence and liaison with the ICO (to act as your first point of contact for the ICO and parents / customers in relation to data protection enquiries)
- Advice on data protection impact assessments and information sharing agreements
- Training (two free training places each year and access to e-learning courses).
- Subject access and Freedom of Information Act requests (up to 10 hours of support each year to respond to requests)
- Information Asset Register maintenance / records management (up to 10 hours of support each year to help maintain registers)
Do you already have a DPO within your school but feel you would benefit from some extra support?
We offer an information governance advisory service to support schools, as an alternative to the full DPO service that provides you with the confidence and expertise you need.
- Unlimited advice through the helpdesk
- Regular newsletters
- Access to training events
- Alerts on key changes