With a specialist background in delivering first class meals to schools, our dedicated Catering service offers a wide range of support – from cooking and facilities management, to annual budgeting and training – and we can create a package tailored to your school or setting’s needs.
We have been recognised by the Soil Association through their Food for Life served here Bronze Award. This prestigious award recognises our commitment to serving fresh, environmentally sustainable and ethical food, championing local producers and making healthy eating easy. The Soil Association Food for Life scheme assesses seven key areas:
- Free range
Managed and delivered to the highest level and supported by our specialist education service delivery, our Catering services are built with your students in mind.
- Menu creation: We will work with you to create nutritionally-sound menus for the children and young people you look after, making sure special dietary requirements are met
- Food safety: Our food safety management system is all-encompassing, from food procurement all the way to food service
- Finance: We will present clear annual budgets – illustrating costs and a number of income streams e.g. free school meal entitlement
- Inspection: We provide a top-quality inspection service which will monitor all aspects, including food storage and preparation, temperature control and health and safety
- Training: We offer fully accredited courses through the Highfield Qualifications (HABC), from Food Allergies Understanding to Healthier Eating – providing you with the knowledge and skills to fully support pupils and other staff
Our Catering team is passionate about serving nutritional food, which is why our school meals follow a healthy eating policy and over 75% are produced from scratch every day in a school kitchen.
- Traceable: All our food is fresh and locally sourced within North Yorkshire
- Eco-friendly: Our nutritious meals use free-range eggs and over 5% of produce used is organic
- Committed: Our catering teams are dedicated to delivering exceptional service and are trained in culinary skills, food safety, health and nutrition, allergens and safeguarding
- Award-winning: Our catering services has the Silver Food for Life Award by Soil Association for our healthy, nutritious food