Professional, responsible and trustworthy, our Health and Safety Service is experienced at helping schools implement and improve health and safety management systems in a cost-effective way. We’ll guide you on best practice for your school.
We will work with you to address any changes in health and safety that you may need in order to meet statutory obligations and make your educational environment the safest it can.
- Policy advice: Our experts can advise and assist you in developing specific health and safety policies, including statement of intent, responsibilities and specific arrangements
- Assessments: We can arrange for a Safety Risk Advisor to visit, and we also provide a full fire risk assessment by qualified professionals
- Legislation: Our team can provide you with assistance in implementing relevant health and safety legislation, codes of practice and to inform you of changes
- Advice: Whether you’re wanting advice on health and safety expenditure or support in accident prevention, our highly trained experts are here to advise you
- Analysis: We can assist you by providing data analysis on accidents and occupational illness, helping you to know whether your workplace is safe or if there is need for change
- Training: We deliver courses in fire awareness and warden training, lone working, manual handling, working at heights and performing risk assessments
- CLEAPSS membership: We offer website access to Science and Design Technology standards via the Consortium of Local Education Authorities for the Provision of Science Services (CLEAPSS)
Our service is here to deliver the best possible health and safety packages for you; from assessing your safety requirements, to helping you meet your statutory obligations.
- Experienced: All of our professional advisers are dedicated and experienced, with invaluable access to professional networks across the region and beyond
- Qualified: Our safety risk advisers are qualified to industry-recognised standards and able to carry out tasks such as operational inspections of children’s playgrounds and fire risk assessments
- Dedicated professional: As part of the service, you will receive a named, dedicated Health and Safety professional who is local to you, providing you with support and specialist advice
- Cost-effective: Our Health and Safety Service is designed to help you implement, maintain and improve health and safety management systems in the most cost-effective way for you