"Music is like a dream. Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche
We know how important and enriching music is, which is why we provide a Music Service that offers a varied programme of support for schools and children of all ages. We’re committed to ensuring every child has the opportunity to make music and develop both inside and outside of the classroom.
We enable schools and settings to realise the National Plan for Music Education by giving children the chance to sing and learn an instrument.
- Class tuition: Our Whole Class Music Curriculum Sessions cover the requirements of the National Curriculum and we work alongside the music coordinators in your school to:
- create plans
- help teach
- provide instrument hire
- run continuing professional development opportunities for staff
- Wider Opportunities Package: A whole class package providing 35 weeks of whole class instrumentation music lessons and a free instrument to use for the year
- “Groups of 8” tuition: Professional tuition by music specialists for pupils in small classes of up to eight, which includes free instrument hire
- Small group and individual tuition: competitive rates with a range of remissions available to parents
- Bespoke workshops: We can run bespoke workshops including samba, djembe, and ukulele sessions with pupils or as staff CPD, we also run a project using music to help with Maths
- Large ensembles: With support from our peripatetic staff, Instrumental Ensemble Sessions can be held for young musicians across different schools – perhaps in the form of a choir, orchestra or band
- Curriculum ‘health check’: We offer a music curriculum ‘health check’ where we will help you create a music plan, covering all aspects of the music curriculum including extra-curricular activities, teaching, leadership and management
- Instrument-only hire: We can supply a range of instruments to those under the instruction of North Yorkshire County Council music teachers
- Administration and recruitment: To save you time and worry, all the administration, recruitment and child protection policies are managed by our team
Our flexible music packages, expert staff and knowledge of the National Curriculum for music make us the best choice for providing your music service.
- Quality: Our teachers all work to a very high standard – we employ qualified teachers and music specialists who love working with children and young people, whilst ensuring that child protection policies are met
- Flexibility: We offer a huge range of music packages that can help you teach young people the gift of music, whilst meeting the requirements of the National Plan for Music Education
- Cost-effective: Our Music Service offers a cost-effective way for you to provide planning, preparation and assessment time for teachers