This service enables academy staff to receive the best support from trained and experienced Professional Association Representatives. We can also employ County Secretaries and other local caseworkers to carry out Trade Union duties in academies, and free or independent schools, ensuring you receive the best support from trained and experienced representatives.
Our Professional Association Facilities Arrangements (PAFA) team is here to work with the Teacher Trade Union Facilities to arrange support, advice and Trade Union representation for your staff.
- Support: We will ensure the availability of locally-based, experienced Union Representatives to advise and support members of staff through a variety of procedures and situations – including allegations, grievance, discipline, ill-health, absence monitoring and capability procedures
- Meeting responsibilities: Our Professional Association Representatives will work with you so that you meet responsibilities under the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992, Employment Relations Act 1999, the Safety representatives and Safety Committees Regulations 1997 and the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 to release and to give access to Union Representatives, whilst complying with necessary rules
- Advice: Our experienced professional representatives will give good-quality advice to employees on a range of work-related issues, from pension provisions to maternity leave to professional development
- Paid leave: Through the Facilities Agreement your Trade Union Representatives can receive paid leave to accompany a worker to a disciplinary or grievance hearing, carry out Trade Union duties, attend training, conduct relevant learning activities, and to carry out health and safety functions
We want to ensure that you receive the best support and that Trade Union duties can be met and complied with.
- Standards: We will ensure that you meet Trade Union and Labour regulations, and that you comply with the Acas' revised Code of Practice regarding paid leave for Trade Union duties and activities
- Availability: Our PAFA workers will ensure the availability of representatives to take part in school-based discussions on issues where the school has a legal duty to consult
- Experience: We will enable colleagues and the academies they work in to receive the best support from trained and experienced Professional Association Representatives
- Trustworthy: The Trade Union Facilities Agreement has been reached between the recognised Professional Associations and North Yorkshire County Council Local Authority CYPS (Children and Young People’s Services)