The Specialist Careers Service provides specialist careers information, advice and guidance to children and young people (SEND), high needs pupils or those with additional support needs.
Working together with children and young people, their families and teachers we can develop a plan that helps individuals gain the very best outcomes as they prepare for the next stage of their life journey.
We support children/young people to:
- Develop a strong sense of personal responsibility and the resilience and confidence to overcome barriers to achieve their goals
- Broaden their horizons, raise aspirations and appreciate their potential to progress
- Understand the benefits attached to each of the key post 16, post 18 and 19 progression routes
- Gain access to wider networks, which increase their understanding of career routes and the knowledge and skills they need to succeed
Working with children and young people from Year 9 to Year 14 (this is extended to young people up to the age of 25 if they have an Education Health Care Plan and are still in education), our key aim is to work alongside you and your school/college to support children and young people to progress, prosper and maximise their learning in preparation for adult life by assisting all those concerned with careers information advice and guidance.
Personalised support: We offer many types of support, tailored to the needs of the student and/or provider including:
- A specialist careers adviser
- Individual guidance interviews
- Career action plans
- Group guidance sessions
- Support at Education
- Health and Care Plan Reviews
- Attending consultations
- Parents’ evenings
- Supporting transitions
Working in partnership with you and your school or college, the specialist dedicated team of advisers will help to shape the careers and futures of young people with SEND, enabling them to reach their full potential.
- Personal and available: We will provide you with a dedicated and named Specialist Careers Adviser
- Experienced: We are career specialists, experienced, professional and qualified to level 6 in Careers Guidance and Development, enabling us to deliver expert guidance to students on future career and education choices
- Knowledgeable: We maintain a thorough knowledge of learning and training provision, both locally and nationally, and local labour market information
- Safe: Specialist Careers Advisers hold an enhanced DBS clearance