This service enables academy staff to receive the best support from trained and experienced Professional Association Representatives. We can also employ County Secretaries and other local caseworkers to carry out Trade Union duties in academies, and free or independent schools, ensuring you receive the best support from trained and experienced representatives.
Our team works through the Teacher and Support Staff Trade Union Facilities to attend consultation with employers and arrange support, advice and Trade Union representation for your staff. We provide support from knowledgeable, local union officers who understand the context and will help manage employment matters legally and fairly.
- Access to well trained local professional officers who can support you
- Statutory legal requirements to consult staff are met through the arrangements
- The LA consults trade unions for all policies and conditions of service matters so you can adopt the policies with confidence that obligations to consult have been met.
- The arrangements cover all staff in school – teaching and support staff
We want to ensure that you receive the best support and that Trade Union duties can be met and complied with.
- Access to trained, local, experienced representatives who understand your context and who will be more readily available at no further cost to your school
- The Local Authority and MATs consult the unions when developing their HR policies meaning these can be adopted without further staff consultation
- Charged at a competitive rate, per pupil per annum
- Funds are pooled and used to release officers of the unions to represent your staff and participate in any consultations such as restructures or redundancy
- Access to expert advice and support when dealing with employment matters
- Local union officers have built up a great deal of expertise in Employment Law, Health and Safety, and other related matters
- They will help you carry out employment procedures fairly and ensure that you do not breach Employment Law
- Being part of the Facilities Arrangements signals to your staff that you are a fair employer